The College of Dentistry, Indore a maiden and Government Dental Institute of Madhya Pradesh was started in 1961. Credit of Genesis of this college of Indore goes to ,Tridev’ (The Trio) the founder principal Dr. S.L. Mangi, Late Dr. G.L. Sharma, the then Director of Health Service MP and Late Shri Mishrilalji Gangwal, Hon’ble Ex-minister, MP. It initially started as a wing of M.G.M. Medical College, Indore with 19 admissions to BDS Course. The College of Dentistry, Indore became in independent institution with Dr. S.L. Mangi as founder Principal and the College independent building came in to existence, which was commissioned formally on Saturday, the 3rd September 1966 by Hon’ble Dr.Sushila Nayyar, the then Health Minister, Govt. of India.
Right from inception the College of Dentistry under the stewardship of Principal Dr. S.L.Mangi,Earned an excellent reputation in the world of Dental Education Nationally as well as abroad. Till date, more than 1200 graduates and 60 postgraduate have come out from this institution and rendering services not only in M.P. and Chhattisgarh but also in other States of Country, Army Dental Crops and even abroad.